Today I had a problem with Tomcat encoding with query params.I have solution for search entities.It was working with latin words. But when I tried to add query params in cyrillic, tomcat treat them as unreadable symbols, despite the fact, that I have URLEncodingFilter in my web application, that encodes everything in UTF-8,
So, request like this turns to be invalid.
So, as usual, I started investigation of this issue. First, I scanned my project, especially web.xml deployment descriptor for some unusual encoding thing, but I failed, I found nothing. So I delegated all the investigation to google, and found that I should edit my
You need to find Connector with port=”8080” and add two lines.
<Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" connectionTimeout="20000" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" <!-- This line --> URIEncoding="UTF-8" <!-- This line --> redirectPort="8443" />
Restart your tomcat, and now everythig will be okay